By Doug Cummings
Articles and Reviews
- An Orson Welles Screening Series, From the Famous to the Newly Discovered 01 May 2014.
- Satyajit Ray’s Films, Restored 29 August 2013.
- LACMA Spotlights the Enigmatic Bruno Dumont 11 July 2013.
- L.A. Film Festival 2013: The Best Films to See 12 June 2013.
- Everything You Need to Know About Hitchcock Month in Los Angeles 12 June 2013.
- Kubrick and Co.: A LACMA Series Pairs the Filmmaker’s Works With Others Like Them 30 May 2013.
- Phil Solomon’s Historic Film Experiments, From U.S. Presidents to Grand Theft Auto 16 May 2013.
- Comrade Kim Goes Flying is the First North Korean Feature Co-Produced with the West. How Did It Happen? 4 May 2013.
- Four Movies to See at the L.A. Asian Pacific Film Festival 2 May 2013.
- LACMA Series Spotlights Two Masters of the Frame 25 April 2013.
- Charlotte Pryce Combines Films With Magic Lanterns at REDCAT 25 April 2013.
- Rio Bravo: UCLA Shines a Light on Nelson Pereira dos Santos, a Neglected Brazilian Master 18 April 2013.
- Thom Andersen’s Eadweard Muybridge, Zoopraxographer 7 March 2013.
- New York City Does Noir Too!? LACMA Brings You the Best of It 12 February 2013.
- Stanley Kubrick Exhibit at LACMA: Our Review 1 November 2012.
- How Chinese Animation Reveals the Country’s Turbulent History 18 October 2012.
- Eric Rohmer’s Legendary Company Celebrates 50 Years at LACMA 10 October 2012.
- Korean American Film Festival Commemorates the L.A. Riots 9 August 2012.
- LACMA French Film Series: The Phantom and the Devil 19 July 2012.
- Los Angeles Film Festival: International Showcase 14 June 2012.
- High and Low: Postwar Japan in Black and White at LACMA 10 May 2012.
- LACMA Presents Abstract Animated Films by Oskar Fischinger and Others 26 April 2012.
- Dardenne Brothers Interview 15 March 2012.
- Terence Davies This Weekend at the Aero 8 March 2012.
- Robert Bresson’s A Man Escaped and Four Nights of a Dreamer 1 March 2012.
- Best of Los Angeles: Best Eastside Alternative to Netflix 6 October 2011.
- Los Angeles Film Festival Preview 16 June 2011.
- Diary of a Country Priest at LACMA 21 April 2011.
- Godard, Zombies and the Economy: ColCoa French Film Festival Starts Tonight 19 April 2010.
- Ross Lipman’s Urban Decay 25 March 2010.
- Community, Craft and Legacy: Something’s Gonna Live Dec/Jan 2013.
- Daniel Raim on Something’s Gonna Live 11 October 2012.
Movie Mail UK
- Print catalogues 2004-2010.
- Film Journey: Los Angeles Plays Itself 2008.
- Film Journey: Original Frankensteins 2008.
- Film Journey: Confessions of a Cinephile 2004.
Paste Magazine (US)
- Au Hasard Balthazar/L’Argent 13 July 2005.
- Interview with Dardenne Brothers 13 July 2005.
- History of Australian Cinema 13 July 2005.
Charles Burnett: Interviews (University Press of Mississippi, 2011)
- Charles Burnett.
Committed Cinema: The Films of Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne: Essays and Interviews (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, London 2009)
- The Brothers Dardenne: Responding to the Face of the Other.
- The Dardennes.
Senses of Cinema (Australia)
- Great Directors: Krzysztof Kieslowski 25 July 2003.
Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Beyond the Infinite: Science Fiction After Kubrick 2013.
- 20th Anniversary Tribute to the Film Foundation 2010.
UCLA Film & Television Archive
- Universal Pictures: Celebrating 100 Years 2012.
- L.A. Rebellion: Creating a New Black Cinema 2011.
- Days of Glory: Masterworks of Italian Neo-Realism 2011.
American Film Institute, AFI FEST
- Print catalogues 2007-2013.
Palm Springs International Film Festival
- Print catalogues 2003-2007.
DVD Liner Essays
- Something’s Gonna Live 2012.
OAR CD Label
Masters of Cinema Series (UK)
Tartan Video (UK)
- Ozu Box Set #3 (Equinox Flower, Tokyo Twilight, Good Morning) 2006.
- Ozu Box Set #2 (Record of a Tenement Gentlemen, Flavor of Green Tea Over Rice) 2005.